Expert care: You're almost there.
OSF HealthCare Children's Hospital of Illinois
Request an appointment:
Schedule an Appointment
About OSF Children's Hospital
OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois is a 136-bed, full service children’s hospital located on the campus of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois. It is the third largest pediatric hospital in the state.
The hospital provides the highest level of care from newborns to teenagers with common and complex medical conditions. For patients that require continued care into adulthood, we offer formalized transition programs.
- Pediatric Urology named in the top 50 nationally by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked one of the most technologically advanced children's hospitals in the world by Top Master's in Health Care Administration
- Proven world class outcomes in the Neonatal Critical Care Unit as a member of the Vermont Oxford Network - a global network of health care providers in the field of neonatal care
- Ranked as one of the top performing health care systems nationally by Truven - an independent health care analytics research company
- Delivers a full scope of pediatric services with 141 pediatric specialists and 40 pediatric subspecialties
- Only Congenital Heart Center in downstate Illinois
- Most comprehensive downstate Perinatal Center (post-birth care)
- Cares for more children in Illinois than any hospital between St. Louis and Chicago with 7,000 admissions, 2,500 newborn deliveries and 18,000 emergency department visits annually
For a listing of all our services, click here.
- Located just one hour north of Springfield in Peoria
- Easier for Springfield-area families to receive the highest level of care
- Families won't have the added stress of big city traffic, congestion and high-priced hotels
- Children receive state-of-the-art treatment closer to home with the main focus of getting well
Click here for directions.
Why Do Families Choose OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois?
Level of Care
Provides the same level of care offered at hospitals in St. Louis and Chicago.
Our providers coordinate care with your doctors in the Springfield-area, giving your child the very best in care.
Located just one hour north of Springfield, families have access to the highest level of pediatric care – close to home.
Because OSF Children’s Hospital is located in Peoria, our patients and their families don’t have to travel to a big city – just up the road to Peoria. Plus, we have free family lodging available at our Family House.
Connected to the Best Resources
St. Jude Midwest Affiliate Clinic
Home to the first St. Jude Midwest affiliate outside of Memphis and only Illinois affiliate.
Because of our collaboration with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, OSF Children’s Hospital is able to provide the same
level of cancer and blood-disorder treatments as one of the leading children’s cancer centers – close to home.
3D Heart Printing
Our pediatric cardiologists (heart doctors) are able to print 3D hearts that are exact replicas of a child’s heart with congenital heart issues.
The 3D hearts allow doctors to hold a replica of a child’s heart in their hands. This technology helps them see every defect and plan surgical procedures in the most accurate way possible.
Part of OSF HealthCare, Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center provides our medical staff with skills training workshops, weekly educational lectures and continuing medical education.
Children's topics include cancer, anxiety and behavioral health, which means highly skilled and trained doctors for your child.
OSF HealthCare launched OSF Innovation in 2016 as a way to create solutions to health care’s biggest challenges such as improving access to care and better serving the most disadvantaged populations.
Our specialized cardiologists belong to the only Congenital Heart Center between St. Louis and Chicago providing care from babies in the womb to adults. Whether the heart defects are acquired or congenital, our team of doctors with a wide-range of specialties can provide comprehensive care to your child.
Treatments available on-site:
- Fetal cardiology
- Adult congenital cardiology
- General pediatric cardiology
- Electrophysiology consultations
If other testing, procedures or services are needed, our team can treat your child at OSF Children’s Hospital.
While surgical procedures are completed in Peoria, our pediatric surgeons are available for pre and post-operative appointments making it convenient for Springfield-area children to receive care – close to home.
For surgical procedures, we also have board certified pediatric anesthesiologists specifically trained to provide care to children. Our surgeons aim to provide the least invasive procedure for your child's benefit.
- Abdominal conditions
- Genitourinary disorders
- Thoracic disorders
- Head and neck conditions
- Skin conditions
- Vascular access
- Diaphragmatic hernia – the only clinic in Illinois to treat this condition
Our Springfield Team
Hours are subject to change based on the availability of each provider.
OSF Children's Hospital is ready to serve you and your family!
If you would like to make an appointment with our OSF Children’s Hospital Clinic at Springfield or with a provider at OSF Children’s Hospital, please call (217) 528-6833.