Children's Hospital of Illinois is a 136-bed, full service pediatric hospital located on the campus of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois.
Children's Hospital of Illinois is the third largest pediatric hospital in the state, the largest pediatric teaching facility for the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and the only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in downstate Illinois. Our hospital provides the highest level of care from newborns to teenagers with common and complex medical conditions. For patients that require continued care into adulthood, we offer formalized transition programs.
- Pediatric Urology named in the top 50 nationally by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked one of the most technologically advanced children's hospitals in the world by Top Master's in Health Care Administration
- Proven world class outcomes in the Neonatal Critical Care Unit as a member of the Vermont Oxford Network
- One of the nation's first pediatric laparoscopic surgery programs
- Recipient of the 2016 American Architecture Award recognized as one of the best architectural examples of design excellence
- Ranked as one of the top performing health care systems nationally by Truven - an independent health care analytics research company
- Delivers a full scope of pediatric services with 141 pediatric specialists and 40 pediatric subspecialties
- Only Congenital Heart Center in downstate Illinois
- Most comprehensive downstate Perinatal Center
- Pediatric Diabetes Resource Center with same-day appointments for new onset diabetes patients with no signs or symptoms of ketoacidosis
- Healthy Kids U clinic helps children, adolescents and their families improve their overall health and wellness
- Cares for more children in Illinois than any hospital between St. Louis and Chicago with 7,000 admissions, 2,500 newborn deliveries and 18,000 emergency department visits annually
- Located just one hour north of Springfield in Peoria
- Easier for Springfield-area families to receive the highest level of care
- Families won't have the added stress of big city traffic, congestion and high-priced hotels
- Children receive state-of-the-art treatment closer to home with the main focus of getting well
Why Send Your Patients to Children’s Hospital of Illinois?
Level of Care
Provides the same level of care offered at hospitals in St. Louis and Chicago.
Children’s Hospital coordinates care with Springfield-area referring providers, giving patients the best in care.
Located just one hour north of Springfield, families have access to the highest level of pediatric care – close to home.
Because Children’s Hospital is located in Peoria, our patients and their families don’t have to travel to a big city – just up the road to Peoria. Plus, we have free family lodging available at our Family House.
Connected to the Best Resources
Pediatric Oncological Care
Home to the only hospital in Illinois that’s a member of the Children's Oncology Group and an affiliate of St. Jude Midwest.
Because of our connections to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the Children’s Oncology Group, Children’s Hospital of Illinois is able to provide the same level of oncological care as other leading children’s cancer centers – close to home.
3D Heart Printing
Our pediatric cardiologists are able to print 3D hearts that are exact replicas of congenital heart patients’ hearts.
This technology allows our doctors to see the intricate details of the patients’ heart defects and plan the surgical procedures in the most accurate way possible.
Part of OSF HealthCare, Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center provides our medical staff with skills training workshops, weekly educational lectures and continuing medical education.
Pediatric topics include acute and chronic pediatric illnesses, including population health topics such as mental health and asthma.
Click here to view recorded Pediatric Grand Rounds.
OSF HealthCare launched OSF Innovation in 2016 as a way to create solutions to health care’s biggest challenges such as improving access to care and serving the most disadvantaged populations better.
Our specialized cardiologists belong to the only Congenital Heart Center between St. Louis and Chicago providing care from in-utero to adults.
Treatments available on-site:
- Fetal cardiology
- Adult congenital cardiology
- General pediatric cardiology
- Electrophysiology consultations
If other testing, procedures or services are needed, our team can treat patients at Children's Hospital of Illinois.
While surgical procedures are completed in Peoria, our pediatric surgeons are available for pre and post-operative appointments making it convenient for Springfield-area patients to receive care – close to home.
For surgical procedures, we also have board certified pediatric anesthesiologists specifically trained to provide care to children. Our surgeons aim to provide the least invasive procedure for the patient's benefit.
- Abdominal conditions
- Genitourinary disorders
- Thoracic disorders
- Head and neck conditions
- Skin conditions
- Vascular access
- Diaphragmatic hernia – the only clinic in Illinois to treat this condition
Our Springfield Team
Special interests: electrophysiology and syncope
Special interest: complex airway surgery, general pediatric surgery, NUSS procedure, pediatric trauma
Special interest: fetal cardiology
Our Physicians Access Line Service (PALS) is available to connect you with our subspecialty physicians around the clock. When you call the PALS line, one of our staff members will connect you by phone to the appropriate subspecialist.
Please call (800) 231-7257
Hours are subject to change based on the availability of each provider.
Children's Hospital of Illinois is ready to coordinate care with you!
If you would like more information, we can arrange to call you, mail an informational packet or setup an in-person meeting.Request More Information