OSF Comprehensive Cancer Center
The 33,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center offers a holistic approach to cancer treatment. Every aspect of the center located on the hospital's main campus was designed with your and your family's needs in mind.
The Center offers a broad spectrum of treatment options for the management of benign and malignant tumors. The Center features three private chemotherapy treatment bedrooms, eight sunlit chemotherapy treatment bays and the latest in medical oncology and radiation oncology.
The Center and its programs are nationally recognized and accredited for providing the highest level of care available.
In addition to traditional cancer services, The Cancer Center offers a full array of integrative therapy services, such as acupuncture, exercise and massage therapy. We have wonderful therapy programs, including Art Therapy Program and the Look Good, Feel Better Program.
The Center also has a community resource space, private conference rooms, and laboratory and meeting rooms for support groups.
What makes our Center unique is that we have brought together all the cancer resources, specialists and equipment into one convenient location for you.
During a visit to the Center, for example, you can see a physician and receive treatment on-site in addition to consulting with a dietitian about nutrition or praying with a member of pastoral services.
What Treatment Options Are Available?
Our compassionate approach to pain management, post-operative care and rehabilitation services is designed to return you to your normal routine as quickly as possible.
Treatment options include:
- Medical oncology and hematology – Medical oncology is the use of precision medications to treat cancer. The treatments consist of biological medicines, chemotherapy, and hormonal and immunotherapy. Hematology is the study, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases related to the blood.
- Radiation oncology – Radiation therapy uses high-energy X-rays to target the cancer tissue while neighboring tissue is minimally affected. The Center features the latest in technology:
- 4D CT simulation – An imaging technique that provides information on organ motion during respiration. It gives a more accurate assessment of target shape and trajectory and similar information on organs at risk.
- Brilliance Big Bore CT – 4D CT technology with tumor localization.
- External beam radiation therapy – A linear accelerator that produces high-energy X-rays.
- Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – Varian True Beam Linear Accelerator uses 3D technology for precise radiation therapy.
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – An advanced form of radiation that provides 3D conformal treatment customized to the tumor and organ structures resulting in fewer side effects and toxicities and more radiation directly to the intended site.
- Radioactive iodine treatment – A capsule taken orally in the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) – Delivers a high dose of radiation to a small tumor target within the body. These precise treatments are typically delivered in three to five sessions.
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy (SRT) – Delivers a high dose of radiation to a small, focused area in the brain. Treatments are delivered in three to five sessions.
- Surgery – We offer a full range of surgical procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Please call the Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary at (708) 229-5560 for more information.