A diagnosis of cancer can be overwhelming. That is why we provide you with a navigator to answer your questions and guide you through treatment and into recovery – every step of the way.
Cancer treatment can come with many appointments across different specialties. It can be complicated and stressful.
Your nurse navigator will be a single point of contact for you and your family, providing education, advocacy and friendship. They are empowered to assist in all aspects of your care.
Benefits of Nurse Navigators
Nurse navigators help with many aspects of care, including:
- Helping you understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- Providing access to the latest treatment information available through clinical and research trials
- Assessing the needs of you and your family
- Assisting with the coordination and scheduling of tests and services
- Assisting with transportation arrangements to treatment
- Communicating with physicians, case managers, support service personnel, family members and others on your behalf
- Exploring work-related or financial concerns that you may have and connecting you to appropriate resources
- Addressing psychosocial needs and making referrals to appropriate community and hospital-based resources
- Ensuring follow-up care and monitoring after initial treatment
- Referring to the appropriate doctor’s office or other health care resource when other issues arise.
- Assisting in your transition to survivorship from active treatment
Talk to a Nurse Navigator
If you or a loved one has been recently diagnosed with cancer, our nurse navigators are available to help answer any questions you may have.
Please fill out our the form below to get started.
We respect and safeguard your privacy. This form is secure.