Social services teams and workers wear many hats. They work to meet patient and family needs for economic, social, physical, and spiritual services.
Sometimes medical care can result in difficult decisions and drastic lifestyle changes at the time of discharge. These troubled moments occur around times of uncertainty when decisions can become too hard to handle alone.
Our social services teams help patients and their families transition through these difficult times while providing the most comforting support.
Benefits of Social Services
Our social services teams provide assistance to patients and families including, but not limited to:
- Helping patients adjust to illness and treatment
- Hospital discharge planning, including arranging adaptive equipment, home health and other care facility services and transportation needs.
- Sharing knowledge of community services, agencies, and resources available to patients.
- Advance care planning and directives.
- Interacting with patients, families and service organizations to help coordinate care.
To learn more about what social services can do for you and your family, please talk to a member of your care team.