OSF Supply Chain Collaborative reduces health care supply chain expenses through collaboration among acute-care providers, non-acute providers, non-healthcare industries, and Premier, Inc.
Our program combines the benefits of national GPO purchasing power with unique advantages of regional contracting and aggregation to achieve best price in practice while maintaining clinical input when appropriate.
The OSF Supply Chain Collaborative is a Next Generation Supply Chain Collaboration that creates synergies which deliver value and best practice to all participating members. We enable a Next Generation Supply Chain through the partnership of OSF and Premier.
Collaborative member benefits include:
- Premier and OSF team dedicated resources, custom contracting teams (both at Premier and within the Collaborative), non-exclusive subject matter experts
- Supply Chain Technologies that provide market intelligence, normalized data, efficiencies to source and manage contracts while tracking and identify savings
- Unique assets and solutions that create opportunities to aggregate products, services, and capital
- Customized member support
Why partner with OSF and Premier?
OSF and Premier have a unique proposition to lower supply costs, reward commitment with value, and offer the necessary voice and flexibility to “Meet You Where You Are.”
- Double-digit savings in commodities
- An average of 10% foodservice savings
- Pharmacy: minimum 10% savings on generics with specialized programs to manage shortages and failure to supply
- Specific GPO offerings for physician offices and non-acute providers
- “One price for all” custom agreements in medical-surgical, capital, and purchased services categories with a focus on achieving top performance in supply chain
- Education and Networking provided at both the regional and national level with options to participate in decision making, governance, revenue share back, national meeting and webinars, and committee representation.
- Options to “Meet You Where You Are” in terms of current commitments, commitment abilities, and supply chain expertise.
Acute Care Services
The OSF Collaborative is committed to providing support and resources to assist members with their strategic supply chain goals.
In partnership with one of the largest national GPO's, Premier, Inc., members have access to best in class contracts, tools and technology, and peer networking.
- Provides dedicated, on-site staff to assist members with identifying cost savings opportunities through regional and GPO contracts.
- Provides ongoing analytical support to members' supply chain team.
- Assists members with training on the national GPO's contract management and spend analytics systems.
- Coordinates supply chain benchmarking data reporting with members.
As a non-acute provider, you can experience double-digit savings and exclusive service from OSF and Premier. You'll have access to top-tier contracts and market leading products at a discounted group price with no membership fees.
Through our partnership with Premier, one of the nation's largest group purchasing organizations, we give you access to Premier's highly-competitive portfolio of 2,000+ contracts from over 1,100 suppliers-- representing $44 billion in purchasing volume.
For products and services not available through Premier, OSF negotiates directly with suppliers to establish local and regional contracts, to keep supply costs low.
The OSF Collaborative supports many continuum of care businesses including:
- Ambulatory care
- First responders
- Home health care
- DME suppliers
- Imaging centers
- Long-term care
- Physician offices
- Surgery centers
Become a Member
The OSF Collaborative offers the ability to participate in the Next Generation Supply Chain to all healthcare providers interested in becoming a member.
As a regional collaborative, membership is available to qualifying health care organizations throughout the Midwest. Along with our national partner, Premier Inc., OSF provides its members with opportunities to reduce supply chain costs within their facilities.
Sponsored member benefits include:
- Options to “Meet You Where You Are”
- Contract aggregation enabling all members to achieve better tier pricing and discount opportunities
- Customized member support
- Access to OSF enhanced contracts and services
- Access to the Premier, Inc. portfolio of products and services
- Competitive distribution agreements for med-surg, laboratory, pharmacy, and food
- Grounds mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with our members and vendors that emphasize value, quality and commitment
- No membership fees
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is OSF Healthcare System?
- Learn more about OSF at www.osfhealthcare.org/about.
- How much can I save?
- On average 5-10%
- Where do I start?
- To learn more about the program, please contact Nick Klimkiewicz (309-683-9435) or Shelly Robison (309-683-9425).
- What is the cost?
- There is no cost to participate in this program.
- Does this commit me to purchase a certain amount of supplies?
- You are not required or committed to buy a certain volume or dollar amount of supplies. In special circumstances, to achieve the highest discounts possible you may be asked to standardize to one manufacturer’s products in a category.
- Does this just apply to medical supplies and pharmaceuticals?
- No, while the medical supplies represent great savings, there are other opportunities for savings. For example, discounts on cell phones, office supplies and information technology.
- How quickly can I access this pricing?
- While most of the pricing will be available within a couple of weeks, there are certain product manufacturers that take a little longer to add the discounts. These vary but some are 30 days or more.
- How much support will I have?
- You will always have someone to answer your questions and support your needs. OSF, Premier, Medline, AmerisourceBergen, and US Foods, all have dedicated resources to offer guidance and solutions.
- How much paperwork is involved to get started?
- A few items – Premier Application and OSF Sponsored Member Agreement
- What is a Group Purchasing Organization (GPO)?
- A group purchasing organization is a collaborative alliance of healthcare systems. The buying power of the group is leveraged to receive deeper discounts on supplies. The discounts are then passed on to its members.
- What is the difference between this GPO program and others?
We are an IDN that has developed a regional collaborative underpinned by a market leading GPO – Premier, Inc. Our contracts and services extend beyond the health care market to local businesses and industries on a national level.
We are about aggregating and leveraging volume to remain competitive with a focus on population health management as it relates to your communities.
Meet Our Team
Vice President, Supply Chain Collaboration
Collaborative Development Administrator
Contract Management Specialist