Pandemic Health Worker Program
We’re all being asked to stay at home and avoid those outside our homes to contain the spread of COVID-19.
That can be scary, especially if you think you have symptoms of the virus. But we want you to know you are not alone.
To offer you comfort and ensure you get the care you need without leaving your home, we are offering the Pandemic Health Worker program.
What are Pandemic Health Workers?
Pandemic Health Workers (PHW) digitally connect with you during the pandemic crisis.
If you are 18 years of age or older and have been diagnosed with COVID-19 symptoms or are at high risk for contracting the virus, one of our PHWs will deliver a health kit to your home that will help us monitor your illness.
This may include:
- A tablet, pre-loaded with communication applications and equipped with a data package (if needed)
- Client Guide book
- Health education materials
- Thermometer and hand sanitizer
How Does the Program Work?
Our PHWs will digitally visit with you up to two times a day over a 16-day period via phone, video or chat function. They will also do a follow-up to ensure no further assistance is needed.
What if My Symptoms Worsen?
If your symptoms worsen, you will be referred to the Acute COVID@Home program where you will receive monitoring equipment that allows us to evaluate your blood pressure, heart rate and pulse ox.
Registered nurses and licensed providers will oversee your care.
If your symptoms continue to decline, you will be referred to a designated facility.
How to be Assigned a Pandemic Health Worker
- You must receive an initial screening for COVID-19 using our digital assistant, Clare, or by calling the COVID-19 Nurse Hotline, (833) OSF-KNOW (833-673-5669) and be at least 18-years old.
- Based on that screening and nurse triage recommendations, you may be invited to enroll in the PHW program.
- Within 24 hours, a PHW will call you, enroll you in the program, get a better understanding of your technology needs and make an appointment to drop off your health kit.
If you are having trouble managing any feelings of depression, anxiety or stress at this time, OSF SilverCloud is there for you to help you cope.
The Pandemic Health Worker Program is made possible through a contract with the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services.