Basic Life Support (BLS)
®OSF East Central Illinois EMS has experienced instructors that deliver the American Heart Association's BLS program. The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
The AHA's BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals or anyone else who needs to know how to perform CPR and other basic life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
What will I learn in this course?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
How can I complete this course?
with questions or to register.
For ECIEMS System members, please utilize to register.
For Non-ECIEMS System members, please utilize our
Are you a group or business that needs a BLS course taught for you? today to learn more!
Interested in eLearning? You can complete the AHA's Heartcode® BLS online then contact us to schedule an in-person skills completion.