OSF PRO Ambulance is a member of the East Central Illinois EMS System , the largest EMS system in East Central Illinois.
For more than 30 years, OSF PRO Ambulance Service has been a community pillar providing emergency transportation for the critically ill and injured in East Central Illinois.
OSF PRO Ambulance is an Illinois Department of Public Health licensed provider at the Advanced Life Support (ALS) level; staffed by skilled paramedics to provide our patients with critical, life-saving care - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
On August 31st, 1987, OSF PRO Ambulance began providing ambulance services to residents of Champaign County with 4 new Wheeled Coach Ambulances purchased by the Burnham City Hospital Auxiliary.
Today, we maintain a growing fleet of Type III ALS ambulances, 2 ALS command vehicles, an all-terrain special response vehicle, central Illinois’s first physician response vehicle, and a disaster trailer responding professionally to over 24,000 calls for service a year in Champaign and Vermilion Counties.
Programs and Services
911 Response, Transfer and Coverage Services
- 911 response to Champaign and Vermilion Counties
- Private requests for service within East Central Illinois
- Emergent and non-emergent interfacility transfers
- Coverage for standby’s at special events, including high schools, the University of Illinois and Gordyville USA.
Advanced Life Support
Advanced Life Support (ALS) includes Basic Life Support (BLS) service in addition to advanced emergency care provided by qualified emergency medical technicians - paramedic.
The services performed by ALS personnel may include:
- Intravenous therapy
- Chest pain management with early heart attack care and field activation of STEMI catheterization lab
- Cardiac Arrest Management including managing dysrhythmias
- Emergency medication administration for pain management, respiratory distress, hypovolemia, diabetic emergencies, and drug overdoses
- Airway management
- Emergency care and stabilization
- Advanced professional care of the adult, pediatric, and infant patient
Basic Life Support
Basic Life Support (BLS) includes non-invasive health care procedures and transportation provided by emergency medical technicians - basic.
Services may include:
- Patient assessment
- Oxygen therapy
- Bleeding control
- Fracture management
- Treatment for shock
- Medication administration for diabetic emergencies, drug overdoses, and chest pain
OSF PRO Ambulance