Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do we accept Medicare Assignment?
- A: Yes, we do.
- Q: What services do we provide?
- A: Office visits, most types of stress tests, echocardiograms, several other cardiovascular ultrasound studies, EKG, arrhythmia monitoring, cardiac CT, research, sleep apnea studies, specialty clinics (Lipid, Anticoagulation, Heart Failure, Device) and nutrition counseling. For more information, please see our Programs and Services pages.
- Q: Why does my payment not show on my statement?
- A: Once a charge is paid, it drops off the statement. A statement only shows open, unpaid charges.
- Q: Do you have any type of financial assistance?
- A: Yes, we do honor any charity letters you receive from local and surrounding-area hospitals.
- Q: How do I reach the Billing Department?
- A: Please click here to visit our Billing page.
- Q: Where do I call if I have questions after office hours?
- A: If your questions are urgent, please call the usual office number. You will reach the answering service, which will contact the doctor on call. If your questions are not urgent, please wait until the next business day to call.
- Q: How do I refill my medications?
- A: Please note your supply of medication regularly. You can easily request a prescription refill through
. You simply log into your OSF MyChart account, request a refill and your doctor’s office calls your pharmacy for you. Then, you get a message through OSF MyChart that the refill request has been sent to your pharmacy of choice.
If you don’t have an OSF MyChart account, please request a refill through your pharmacy.
If your prescription requires a doctor’s approval, please contact your doctor’s office. Please do not wait until you’re out of medicine to refill your prescription.
- Q: How do I cancel an appointment?
- A: Please call the office of your appointment as soon as possible to cancel your appointment. We kindly request a 24-hour notice whenever possible, so we can see another patient during that time. You will not be charged for your cancelled appointment. Appointments can also be canceled through OSF MyChart .
- Q: Do you accept my insurance?
- A: Yes, we accept all insurance, but we are not a network provider in all plans. Please contact your insurance company or contract coordinator in our business office at (309) 589-6531 to find out if OSF HealthCare Cardiovascular Institute is an in-network provider or an out-of-network provider with respect to your insurance company and/or plan. Click here for contact information.
- Q: If I brought my medication in two months ago, why do I need to bring it in again?
- A: Since your medications may change, it is important for us to verify your current medications at each visit.
- Q: Why do I need a family doctor?
- A: Since cardiology services are only a small part of your total health care, it is important for you to have a family doctor to take care for your overall health needs. If you need to find a family doctor, click here and enter "Family Medicine" in the Medical Specialties field. There are also more options there that will help you find the right doctor close to where you live.