Skilled care at OSF Holy Family Medical Center offers a viable alternative to a long-term care facility if you or a loved one are not quite ready to return home following hospitalization from a major illness, a joint replacement requiring additional therapy or an injury.
Our primary objective is to assist the patients and their families with meeting their goals, whether it is to return home or transition to a new living environment.
Whether you are preparing to go home or into a new living environment, OSF Holy Family offers a variety of services to get you where you need to be.
- 24/7 Physician Availability
- Ancillary Services
Case Management/Discharge Planning/Activities
- Coordinate care plans
- Arrange any discharge services needed - Home Health, medical equipment, homemaker needs, meals on wheels, lifeline, etc.
- Arrange alternative levels of care
- Arrange for transportation
- Assist with Advance Directives
- Monitor insurance coverage
- Provide activities of interest
- Nutritional Counseling
- Diabetic teaching
- Heart healthy eating
- Nutritional healing
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Diabetic management/training
- IV Therapy
- Wound care
- End of life care
- Speech Therapy
Billing & Insurance
Skilled care is covered by Medicare and many private health insurance plans. Patients must meet their insurance requirements prior to receiving skilled care from any facility.
A referral can be accepted from any health care facility.
For more information about skilled care services or to make a referral, please contact us at (309) 734-3535.