Routine foot care is generally considered a non-covered service by most insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid. However, there are a few medical reasons that will allow for insurance coverage.
Services considered routine foot care include:
- The cutting or removal of corns or calluses
- The trimming, cutting, or clipping of nails
- The debridement of nails
- Cleaning and soaking the feet
- The use of creams to maintain skin tone
- Any service performed when there is not an illness, injury, or symptom involving the feet
Routine foot care does require an appointment. To make an appointment please call (309) 734-1543.