by OSF HealthCare System
Medical carts are often kept locked until they are used during an emergency or procedure, in order to ensure accuracy of contents. This presents challenges for clinicians to competently know what is contained and where items are located, since they cannot simply open and explore certain carts when it is convenient for them to learn. Seconds and minutes can change the outcome in an emergency, and knowing a cart inside and out can reduce time to interventions.
With the immersion of augmented reality, users can explore realistically scaled and highly detailed versions of their local organization's medical carts. The Medical Cart AR app features different modes that allow for a more relaxed experienced, or one that pits users against the clock to find items as quickly as possible.
Nurses, nursing students, providers, residents, and medical students.
- It is a free app, compatible with most mobile devices released since 2017
- Users can submit their name/ID at the end, which can be provided to educators upon request
- It features augmented reality based modes, as well as a non-AR mode for quicker access to content
- Skills – Technical: Recall the location of key items within the adult or pediatric crash cart in timely manner
- Skills – Technical: Recognize the organizational system used within the adult or pediatric crash cart
This app collects the following data per device, which can be provided as an Excel file:
|Total app launches||What content user installed (which carts)|
|Date of first use||Performance on Timed Challenge sessions|
|Date of most recent use||[Optional] User’s name and ID|
|Time spent in app, and per each section|
Are you loking to have a custom version made for your organization? Email us to learn more.