Our 33,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art outpatient facility offering a holistic approach to cancer treatment was built after an assessment of the community's health status revealed cancer to be one of the top two leading causes of death in Evergreen Park. The Center features three private chemotherapy treatment bedrooms and eight sunlit chemotherapy treatment bays. The Center features the latest in medical oncology and radiation oncology.
In addition to traditional cancer services, The Cancer Center offers a full array of integrative therapy services for patients, such as acupuncture, exercise, yoga and massage therapy. We have wonderful therapy programs including Art Therapy Program and the Look Good, Feel Better Program.
The Center also has a community resource space, private conference rooms, laboratory and meeting rooms for support groups. What makes our Center unique is that we have brought together all the cancer resources, specialists and equipment into one convenient location for our patients. During a visit to the Center, for example, a patient can see a physician and receive treatment on site. While at the Center, the patient also can consult with a dietician on nutrition, pray or participate in a Healing Touch session or receive a therapeutic massage.
For information on cancer screening tests, please visit The American Cancer Society or The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. They offer general guidelines about which tests to take, and which tests to talk about with your doctor.
- Visit The American Cancer Society Cancer Survivors Network for online support, social networking, links to local services and more.
- Visit The American Society of Clinical Oncology's People Living with Cancer page for free forms to track your care and treatment.
- Visit The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship for a Free Cancer Survivor Toolbox of audio programs.
- Visit The National Cancer Institute for guidelines and resources to enhance health after treatment.
- Visit Cancercare.org for free professional support for caregivers and family members.