Leading-edge Oncology Care in Evergreen Park
Our state-of-the-art cancer center will offer dedicated care from University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center specialists as well as OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center physicians. Together, we will provide personalized care and specialized treatment options for all types of cancer using the latest technologies.
Access to New Cancer Therapies
Patients in Evergreen Park will soon have access to the advanced and investigational therapies from University of Chicago Medicine's NCI-designated comprehensive cancer care team of more than 150 clinical care specialists, including an extensive network of clinical trials.
State-of-the-art Radiation Therapy
The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center will offer radiation therapy techniques not typically available in a community setting. Radiation oncologists from University of Chicago Medicine will provide services in the enhanced center.
Comprehensive Cancer Care and Services in One, Convenient Location
- Access to University of Chicago Medicine's clinical trials
- Ability to see experts across multiple specialties
- State-of-the-art TrueBeam Linear Accelerator system
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and radiofrequency tumor ablation
- Chemotherapy and other infusion treatments
- Individual infusion area
- Private consultation rooms
- Cancer support resources
Emphasis on Patient Care, Comfort and Convenience
The patient always comes first at the University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center. Our nationally-accredited cancer program provides patients with a true continuum of care, from diagnosis to survivorship.
- Three private chemotherapy treatment bedrooms and eight sunlit chemotherapy treatment bays
- Individual infusion areas
- Nurse navigators to assist patients
- Integrative therapies and mini-spa services including massage, manicures
- CT simulation area with a large, open CT scanner designed for radiation therapy planning
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the new oncology partnership?
University of Chicago Medicine (UCM) and OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center are partnering to form the University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center. Under this arrangement, UCM is bringing its cancer care expertise, academic specialists, and an array of clinical trials to OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center.
What will this mean for patients?
- A team of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nurse navigators and other healthcare professionals from both organizations will treat patients at the Evergreen Park location of The Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center.
- Patients will be able to receive the world-class care they expect from the UCM in a community setting that’s familiar and convenient for them.
- Services include an infusion center, radiation therapy, specialty clinic services, genetic counseling, and clinical trials, plus traditional inpatient and outpatient services.
Patients have been asking UCM to bring its care closer to where they live or work.
UCM and OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center have worked together for years and stepped up that collaboration in June 2015 through the development of a subspecialty center for infants and children at the community hospital. Extending that partnership to encompass cancer care was a natural next step.
What is the benefit for OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center?
OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center is rich in tradition and beloved by patients in the community. OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center is recognized for providing compassionate care, convenience and good quality service. This expanded partnership allows OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center to offer a heightened level of care to complement its ability to provide shorter wait times, convenience and individualized treatment options.
Why partner with UCM?
Cancer care is never easy, and it is stressful on patients and families, particularly when they have to travel far from home for treatment. This latest affiliation expands the UCM presence beyond its Hyde Park home, to provide convenient care and give patients more time to focus on healing.
This affiliation offers a third location for the UCM’s National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center. In addition to the primary site in Hyde Park, UCM has the University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center at Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox
What makes a UCM Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center so special?
The University of Chicago is one of only 47 NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the United States, and one of only two in the state of Illinois. These cancer centers have been recognized for their depth and breadth of scientific and clinical cancer research, as well as access to novel therapies not available in non-NCI-designated centers.
As an academic medical center, UCM is a destination for specialized services like bone marrow and organ transplants and other innovative cancer treatments and technologies. Because of this, UCM draws patients locally, regionally, nationally and internationally and has extensive experience in caring for all kinds of patients.
The Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary Medical Center will continue to be fully operational throughout the transformation. To schedule an appointment or to refer a patient, call 708.229.6001.