The Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary is privileged to provide patients access to some of the most well respected radiation oncologists in the area.
The Center brings all aspects of medical cancer care together to offer promising new treatments and a continuum of care, from diagnosis through survivorship. All cancer services are centered in a 33,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility located on the hospital's main campus.
Every aspect of the bright and cheerful center was designed with the needs of the patient and family in mind. We offer a broad spectrum of treatment options for the management of benign and malignant tumors via radiation therapy, including the latest in linear accelerator technology for radiation therapy - all housed in the Center.
In January 2017, the Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary unveiled its new radiation oncology Philips Brilliance CT Big Bore. This advanced technology assists the radiation oncologist with treatment accuracy, patient positioning, and imaging performance.
The Center offers radiation therapy techniques not typically available in a community setting. This advanced technology offers 4-D CT and tumor tracking, which allows the ability to track the tumor movement during the patients breathing cycles allowing precise treatment to the tumor while sparing surrounding tissue.
The Comprehensive Cancer Center at OSF Little Company of Mary offers:
- 4-D CT Simulation - An imaging technique that provides information on organ motion during respiration. It provides a more accurate assessment of target shape and trajectory, and similar information on organs at risk.
- Brilliance Big Bore CT - 4-D CT technology with tumor localization.
- External Beam Radiation Therapy - Linear accelerator that produces high-energy X-rays.
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) - Varian True Beam Linear Accelerator* that uses 3D technology for precise radiation therapy.
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) - An advanced form of radiation that provides 3-dimensional conformal treatment customized to tumor and organ structures resulting in less side effects and toxicities and more radiation directly to intended site.
- Radioactive Iodine Treatment - A capsule taken orally in the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) - Delivers a very high dose of radiation to a small tumor target within the body. These precise treatments are typically delivered in three to five sessions.
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy (SRT) - Delivers a high dose of radiation to a small, focused area in the brain. Treatments are delivered in three to five sessions.
Form more information contact the Center at (708) 229-5560.