Billing & Financial Assistance
Thank you for choosing OSF Medical Group for your health care services.
To assist you in keeping your account current with us, we provide the following information divided into sections based on payment options.
Please Note: It is your responsibility to ensure your account is settled. If you have any questions about your bill or procedures outlined below, call the Patient Accounts Receivables department between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday toll-free at 1-800-589-6070. We will accept cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Patients on Medicare
- We will bill Medicare. When we receive payment from Medicare, we will then bill your secondary insurance carrier for the balance. If payment is not made by your secondary carrier within 30 days, we will ask you to contact your insurance company to inquire about payment. If you do not have a secondary insurance carrier, we should receive the balance directly from you within 30 days
- Patients with Insurance
- As a service to you, we will bill your insurance carrier for you, and if applicable, your co-pay is due at the time of service. If we have not received payment from your insurance company within 30 days, you will need to contact them. (Note: If you have not provided us with adequate information to bill your insurance company, we will bill you.)
- Patients without Insurance
- Payment in full is expected at time of service. If payment arrangements are needed, call us at (309) 683-5990 or (800) 589-6070. Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify.
- Patients receiving Medicaid
- After you provide us with Medicaid proof of eligibility, we will bill the appropriate agency. If you have a spend down or third party liability, it will be necessary for you to provide that information at the time of service. Co-payment is to be paid at time of service. (Some psychology services are not covered by Illinois Medicaid.)
- Insurance Information
- If an insurance company has indicated a physician's fees are above the usual and customary, please understand that most physician’s fees are above the rate which insurance companies choose to pay. That rate is most often lower than the current fees normally charged by any physician. We use many sources to determine the appropriateness of our fees. We cannot allow the payment or allowance of the insurance company to set the amount that we charge for services. Considerable care has been taken in setting our fees. We want to assure you that the charges accurately reflect the complexity of care rendered and the skill and expertise required for your care. Our fees are comparable with the fees of other physicians in this area.
- Patients with Employment Injuries
- If your employer has recognized your injury as work-related, we will bill your employer. In order for us to submit a claim, you must provide appropriate billing information from your employer. If payment is not received within 30 days of the date billed, we ask that you notify your employer. If your claim is denied by your employer, we will bill you directly or your personal health insurance if applicable.
- Patients with Injuries that are not Employment Related
- If expenses are incurred as a result of an accident, injury or whenever there is a third party involved, as a courtesy to you, we will file a claim to the responsible party. If no response from the responsible party after a determined amount of time, we will bill you directly at your personal health insurance if applicable.
- Responsible Parties
- Divorce and remarriage often complicate insurance and payment responsibilities. Determinations of responsibility set by a divorce court are not binding to us.
- Financial Assistance
- Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify. Please request an application at any OSF facility or click here for an online application.
- Other Services
- If you have laboratory, radiology or anesthesia services, you may receive a separate bill from the professional component from the billing group associated with those services.