OSF Access Clinic
The OSF Access Clinic is a practice you can visit when you don’t have a doctor already in place to take care of your medical needs.
Examples of this include:
- You just moved to the area and have not had time to find a new doctor. We can give you medical care until you do.
- Your insurance plan has changed and you need to find a new doctor.
- You ended up in the hospital, but don’t have a doctor to care for you after you are released.
- You’ve just been released from an urgent care site but don’t have a doctor to take care of you while you recover. We want you to focus on taking care of your health instead of worrying about not having a doctor.
Services we provide
We can help you with a variety of issues including:
- Hospital follow-up care
- Medication refills
- Routine testing
- Removal of stitches
- Follow-up testing after hospital stay or urgent care visit
- General care usually provided by your doctor
Services we do not provide
- Pre-employment physicals; fit for duty exams; or pre-operative exams
- Initial newborn visits or childhood vaccinations
- School or sports physicals for children (These are preventative exams and should be scheduled with their primary care provider.)
- The management of chronic pain medications or chronic anticoagulants (blood thinners.)
How can I use the OSF Access Clinic?
The OSF Call Center will refer you to us if you’ve called them to set up an appointment with a new doctor and there is a long period of time before your first visit with that doctor. If you need to be seen before your first visit, call 1-888-6 ASK OSF (1-888-627-5673), to get a referral to the OSF Access Clinic.
How does billing work?
You will be billed the same as a regular office visit. We also care for any patient in need of follow-up, including those without insurance.
Can the OSF Access Clinic help me find a doctor?
Yes. If you don’t already have a doctor, we can help you find one. This will be done at the time of your first visit with us.