In recognition of October as Breast Cancer Awareness month, OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center is offering a variety of health educational and promotional events for the community.
OSF Saint Anthony’s Breast Health Month activities:
- Wednesday, October 5 -- Lunch & Learn with CRSC Diagnostic Radiologist, Dr. Andrew Barina, at 12 Noon – free boxed lunch included. Dr. Barina will discuss: Your Mammography Experience. Location: OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center – Perpetual Help Center; to register: click here, call 465-2264.
- .October 7 & 14 – Mammogram Pledge Days, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Stop by and pledge your commitment to have a mammogram or pledge your loved one for a mammogram and be eligible to win fabulous prizes. Pledge Day in the OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center Cafeteria, October 7; Pledge Day in the OSF Saint Clare’s Hospital Cafeteria, October 14.
- Thursday, October 27 -- Girls Night Out! Back by popular demand, Girls Night Out offers women in the community the opportunity to get their annual screening mammograms, learn more about breast health issues from our team of clinicians and enjoy a night out. Complimentary refreshments, skin care and mini-manicures courtesy of Bliss Salon of Godfrey, and more. Registration is limited; call today for an appointment: (618) 474-6152.
- From October 3 - 14 – Duke Bakery! Free commemorative pink coffee mugs with coffee purchase, while supplies last.
- The Week of October 17 - 21 – Cup o’ Joe! Free coffee in commemorative pink coffee mugs while supplies last at Joe K’s Family Restaurant at 2530 State Street, Alton.
- Tuesday, October 25 – OSF Saint Anthony’s Night at Gentelin’s! Enjoy dinner at Gentelin’s on Broadway this night and Gentelin’s will donate a percentage of its sales to OSF Saint Anthony’s Breast Cancer Services. Commemorative pink stemmed glasses while supplies last.
- Friday, October 28 – High Flyers Grille! Free logo’d glass for the first 100 diners; and a percentage of the sales will benefit OSF Saint Anthony’s Breast Health Services.
- October 27-28 – Mister Donut in Godfrey is offering free commemorative pink coffee mugs while supplies last.Wear pink on Fridays in October to receive a special 25 percent discount in the OSF Saint Anthony’s Gift Shop! Good on: October 7, 14, 21, 28.
According to the American Cancer Society, breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women, except for skin cancers. About 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime. OSF Saint Anthony’s Cancer Center of Excellence is the only area hospital to receive the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons for exemplary cancer services. The Commission on Cancer also recognizes the Cancer Center of Excellence as one of the top 75 programs in America.
In addition, OSF Saint Anthony’s is the only area mammography facility to be designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiologists.
For information on OSF Saint Anthony’s Women’s Imaging Center Services or to make an appointment for a mammogram, please call (618) 474-6152.