OSF HealthCare Saint James – John W. Albrecht Medical Center in Pontiac will host an agriculture health and safety fair from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, February 23, 2018. Designed specifically for those who work in agriculture, the fair is offered in cooperation with the Livingston County Farm Bureau and other area organizations and services. This fair is free and open to the public. Registration is required only where indicated below. All activities will occur within the medical center.
Health Fair Exhibits --- Open 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Ag Emergency Readiness: entrapment, rollover, chemical exposures and more --- what to do until EMS arrives & basic first aid
- Blood pressure checks, blood glucose & pre-diabetes screenings
- Cardiovascular health assessment
- Depression & emotional health information
- Ergonomics and Back Health in Agriculture
- Hearty Healthy Food Samples & recipes
- Illinois Breast & Cervical Cancer Program information
- Sleep health assessments
- The gap between hard work & exercise
- Winter Fitness – preparing for spring field work
Free CPR Training --- Seating is limited for these classes. Registration is required by calling the Livingston County Farm Bureau at (815) 842-1103.
- CPR Basics (2 hours) – classes at 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
- CPR Certification Course (3 hours) – begins at 1 p.m.