New Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades have been announced by The Leapfrog Group, a national watchdog organization for patient safety. Hospitals are assigned A, B, C, D and F letter grades in order to provide a complete picture of patient safety.
This fall, six OSF HealthCare facilities have achieved an ‘A’ grade:
- OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria
- OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center in Urbana
- OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center in Ottawa
- OSF HealthCare St. Joseph Medical Center in Bloomington
- OSF HealthCare St. Mary’s Medical Center in Galesburg
- OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony’s Health Center in Alton
Additionally, OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford achieved a ‘B’ grade.
These facilities have the honor of being among the safest hospitals in the country.
Over 2,600 hospitals are evaluated by The Leapfrog Group each year. An expert panel develops the grades based on 30 measures of publicly available hospital safety data. The report is calculated by safety experts, peer-reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public.
The study only includes hospitals of a certain size and treating a minimum number of specific conditions; therefore, some OSF HealthCare facilities were excluded from the ratings. However, both OSF HealthCare Holy Family Medical Center in Monmouth, IL and OSF HealthCare St. Francis Hospital and Medical Group in Escanaba, MI have been named to Leapfrog’s list of top rural hospitals.
To see the full grade for all eligible OSF HealthCare facilities, visit www.hospitalsafetygrade.org.