OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center and OSF HealthCare Children's Hospital of Illinois, in conjunction with the Peoria County Health Department, Woodford County Health Department and Tazewell County Health Department, has issued the following temporary visitor restrictions during continued widespread seasonal influenza activity and the global outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). The changes are effective immediately.
- All visitors are discouraged from visiting these hospitals at this time.
- No more than one visitor per patient will be allowed in the facility.
- Exceptions may be made in certain situations that could include end-of-life care and childbirth.
- Visitors allowed in the medical center must be healthy. We strongly recommend you do not visit if you are displaying signs or symptoms of an influenza-like illness, which includes a fever, with cough, sore throat or other symptoms such as a runny nose, shortness of breath, chills and vomiting. If you show symptoms, you may be asked to leave.
- Some patient units, clinics, diagnostic service areas, and treatment areas, may already have additional restrictions to best protect our patients and the community.
We understand these restrictions may impose an inconvenience to some families, but it’s an important step to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
The health risks from cold and flu remain high. Limiting visitors to our hospitalized patients will keep them safe while in our care. While the number of cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID 19) are still low in our state and region, these restrictions will also serve as a preventative measure for the virus.
For more ways to protect against the spread of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza, and for the latest updates and guidance in this rapidly evolving situation, please visit the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and PreventionPeoria City and County Health Department Tazewell Health Department , Illinois Department of Public Health