Balsamic Strawberries with Greek Yogurt
Looking for a summer treat that caters to your sweet craving while packing a punch of good nutrition? This recipe for balsamic strawberries served with non-fat Greek yogurt offers lots of protein and calcium without the calories of traditional desserts!
- 1 Tablespoon trans-fat free tub margarine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, tops cut off and quartered
- 3 Tablespoons Truvia® sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 – six ounce containers low fat plain Greek yogurt
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add the strawberries, sweetener and balsamic vinegar. Cook until the strawberries are heated through and darkened to a ruby red (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve about 1/4 cup of strawberries over 6 ounces of yogurt in dessert bowl or stemmed glasses.
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5g