You won’t miss the potato chips at all after trying this snack!
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1/8 teaspoon plus ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Measure out ¼ cup kernels, and gently coat them in 1/8 teaspoon of canola oil in a small bowl.
- Place the coated popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag. Fold the top of the bag three times and seal tightly.
- Place the bag in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Remove bag, open top and shake well. Seal bag again tightly and microwave and additional 1 minute 15 seconds. Repeat with the other ¼ cup of kernels.
- While the kernels are popping, in a large bowl mix together ¼ cup oil with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the popcorn into the bowl, and toss well with the flavorings until fully coated.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Sodium: 117 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 1 g