A healthier bite size version of your favorite summer sandwich!
- 12 roma tomatoes
- 12 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Shredded lettuce to garnish
- First, using a sharp paring knife, cut off stems of tomato (not cutting too much tomato). Next, barely cut off the top of the tomato (lengthwise). Lastly, cut inside the skin just around the flesh, then scoop out flesh and seeds with a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, add turkey bacon, onion, avocado, feta cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise and garlic. Mix well.
- Stuff each tomato with bacon mixture, sprinkle with ground black pepper and top with shredded lettuce
Per 1 BLT popper
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 214 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 4 g