Enjoy this Illinois seasonal fruit during the summer months. It’s perfect over grilled fish but can even stand alone on a tortilla chip!
- 1 ½ cups sweet cherries, pitted and finely diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese (or any other type of blue cheese)
- Juice of half a lime
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Option 1: Serve over fish, chicken or steak. Option 2: Eat as salsa with tortilla chips.
Per ¼ cup serving
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 57 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 2 g