Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Sliders
Out with the cold and in with the grill! These mini sandwiches are the perfect way to start off grilling season.
- 2 medium-large “natural” chicken breasts (about 1.25 pounds total)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- 6 light Swiss cheese wedges (like Laughing Cow®)
- 2/3 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 whole wheat slider buns (choose gluten free for GF option)
- 8 slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Cut chicken breast in half by carefully running a knife through the middle, parallel to the counter, creating 4 long flat pieces. Next cut them down the middle again perpendicular to the counter, creating 8 square pieces.
- Add chicken, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and garlic powder to a large zip-top bag. Mix well to evenly coat chicken and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Turn grill on medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray if desired. Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese wedges, jalapeno and cumin. Mix well.
- Spread cheese mixture on half of slider bun, top with chicken onion and tomato.
Per 1 slider
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 365 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 25 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 19 g