Crispy Zucchini Coins
These veggie bites will disappear quickly. Even veggie-haters will love this tasty snack, perfect as a guest pleasing appetizer or a side dish.
- ¼ cup buttermilk, low fat
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, plain
- ½ cup bread crumbs, whole wheat, plain
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin.
- Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and stir. Serve with zucchini.
Nutrition Information (Based on egg substitute)
Per 1/3 cup zucchini with about 2 tablespoons sauce
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 190 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 13 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4 g