Crunchy Cauliflower Poppers
Satisfy your craving for crunch with this cruciferous vegetable!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs (choose gluten free breadcrumbs for GF version)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, keeping them uniform in size.
- Place the egg whites in a small bowl. In a different bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, basil, oregano, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip florets in the egg whites and then into the bread crumb mix, making sure to fully coat.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place florets on the sheet, then coat them with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and let bake for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender, turning halfway through and re-spraying.
- Enjoy with your favorite marinara sauce!
Per 5 florets
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 275 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 14 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 7 g