Mediterranean Eggplant Dip
Instead of reaching for a high calorie dip to complement your chips, whip up a batch of this quick, delicious, and healthy dip for a tangy, flavorful topper.
- ½ of a medium eggplant
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, rinsed and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Position oven rack about 6” beneath the broiler. Preheat broiler.
- Pierce skin of eggplant a few times with a fork to allow it to steam while broiling.
- Place on a baking sheet and into broiler, turning with tongs every 5 minutes until the skin is charred and a knife inserted into the dense flesh near the stem goes in easily. This should take approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cutting board until cool enough to handle.
- Once eggplant is cool, slice it in half lengthwise and chop one half into small cubes.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Top with smoked paprika.
- Serve with homemade whole wheat pita chips.
Per ½ cup
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 284 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 5 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 2 g