Mexican Zucchini Fritters
A delicious way to get more veggies!
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium yellow squash, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium potato, grated
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese made with 2% milk
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (use gluten free flour blend for GF version)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Place grated vegetables in a strainer and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Place vegetables in medium bowl, add corn and cheese and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, eggs and seasonings. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour/egg mixture to vegetable mixture and mix well.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 Tablespoon oil. Once oil is hot, place 1/3 cup fritter mixture in skillet. Repeat 3 times, spacing fritter mixture evenly apart in the skillet. Using a spatula, press to flatten. Cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat to cook 4 more fritters.
- Top with light sour cream if desired.
Per 1 fritter
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 145 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 12 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 6 g