The fall season is upon us and football season has begun! Try this delicious pumpkin cheese ball at your next get together.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages 1/3 less fat (Neufchatel) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple (well-drained)
- 2 ounces lower sodium ham lunchmeat, chopped (check to make sure gluten free for GF version)
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces honey roasted almonds, finely chopped
- Using a hand mixer, start to blend cream cheese and pumpkin in a medium bowl on low speed. Change speed to high and mix until well blended.
- Stir in rest of ingredients, shape into large ball and coat with almonds.
- Chill until firm. Serve with whole grain crackers (use gluten free for GF version).
Per ¼ cup serving (not including crackers)
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 140 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 8 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4 g