Sautéed Mushrooms with Basil and Blue Cheese
A unique veggie side dish that sautés up in no time!
- ½ Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2– 8 ounce containers sliced mushrooms (any kind)
- ½ Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 0.75 ounce container fresh basil, chopped (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch each of salt, cayenne pepper, and ground nutmeg
- 2 ½ Tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, sauté garlic and mushrooms in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add green onion, basil, almonds, honey, balsamic and seasonings. Stir well, cover and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms cook down and are brown.
- Serve topped with blue cheese crumbles.
Per ½ cup serving with ½ Tablespoon blue cheese
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 61 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4 g