A unique way to use this in-season fruit is to stuff them with softer cheeses and nuts. It makes a great appetizer or snack!
- 2 creamy Swiss cheese wedges, like Laughing Cow®
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- ½ Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 8 extra-large strawberries, tops cut off and insides scooped out
- 1 Tablespoon sugar substitute, like Splenda® or Truvia®
- Combine the cheeses, vinegar, pecans, basil and red onion in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Stuff each strawberry with filling and dip bottom half in sugar substitute.
Per 2 strawberries
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 139 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 2 g