Super Bowl Pizza Puffs
A great addition to your game day feast!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups light shredded Mexican cheese
- 68 turkey pepperoni (3/4 of a 6 ounce package)
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ½ cups low sodium marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours and baking powder. When combined, whisk in the milk and eggs.
- Stir in the cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, red pepper, onion, and seasonings. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a 1/8 cup measure, pour batter into muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Microwave the marinara sauce until warm and serve as a dip with the pizza puffs.
Per 2 pizza puffs
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 441 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 18 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 11 g