Superman No-Bake Energy Bars
This is an easy, wholesome recipe that you can make a grab-and-go breakfast. Also, if you are having unwanted weight loss or are trying to gain weight, adding this as a snack packs a punch of calories and protein. The bars can be stored on your counter or will ship well in care packages because of their long shelf life.
- 1 ½ cups natural peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup pure blueberry or other berry juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten free for GF version)
- 1 ½ cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup wheat germ or flaxseed
- 1 cup dried goji berries or cranberries
- ¾ cup roasted almonds
- Cooking spray
- In a medium saucepan on stove top, heat peanut butter and honey on medium-low (OR microwave on medium for 1 minute, stir and repeat).
- Add juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and mix until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Use hands to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer to a 9 X 13” pan sprayed with cooking spray. Press down firmly and evenly to pack tight. Let cool before serving.
- Cut into 20 bars and wrap individually for convenience and a great snack option for when on the go! No refrigeration needed.
Per serving (1 bar)
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 37g
Dietary Fiber: 5g