Berries are in-season during the summer months. Packed with antioxidants and fiber, this breakfast uses the freshest ingredients of the season.
- ½ Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 ½ cups fresh berries of your choice
- 1 ½ Tablespoons 100% orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- 6 whole wheat English muffins, halved and toasted (use gluten free for GF version)
- 12 Tablespoons 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cream cheese (3/4 block/tub of cream cheese)
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch and water together until mixed. Set aside.
- To make fruit topping, place fruit and juice in a medium saucepan. Add cornstarch mixture and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Add cinnamon and chia seeds, reduce to medium-low and cover for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes. Place fruit topping in a container for serving or storage.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese per half of the English muffin.
- Top each half with 1 Tablespoon fruit topping.
- Serve immediately.
Per 1 English muffin (2 halves)
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 315 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 29 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 8 g