Chocolate Chip Valentine Pancakes
Start your Valentine’s Day off with a delicious breakfast with your loved one! Swap out a few traditional ingredients for pancakes that satisfy your appetite and improve heart health.
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Splenda® sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until there are no dry spots; don’t over mix. Add pecans and dark chocolate chips.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Pour ½ cup of pancake batter onto pan (heart-shaped if desired). When the pancake starts to bubble (1-2 minutes) and edges look cooked through, flip and cook for 1 more minute.
- Top pancakes with fresh strawberries. Serve with lite or sugar free syrup or whipped topping.
Per 1 pancake serving
Total Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 205 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 44 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 10 g