Adapted from the official Kentucky Derby website, this recipe is a healthier spin on a traditional race day treat!
- 4 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 oranges, cut into supremes*
- Fresh mint, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat honey and bourbon over low heat until honey dissolves (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat. Once cooled, add fresh lemon juice and stir to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine strawberries and orange supremes. Pour honey-bourbon sauce onto fruit and toss to combine.
- Serve ½ cup yogurt into small serving bowls. Top with ½ cup fruit mixture. Garnish with fresh mint.
* To cut orange into supremes: Using a sharp knife, cut off top and bottom ends of an orange. Set the orange on one end, and use the knife to cut the peel from top to bottom, rotating the orange as you go. Once completely peeled, run the knife down each section vein to cut slices.
Per ½ cup yogurt + ½ cup fruit mixture
Total Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 54 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 11 g