Daylight Savings Time means springing ahead an hour…and losing an hour of sleep. This complete breakfast bar will ensure you don’t miss out on the benefits of a nutritious breakfast when you are running behind.
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats (use certified gluten free oats for GF version)
- 1 cup PB2® prepared (1 ¼ cup PB2® powder + ¾ cup water)
- ½ cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons whole flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line 9 x 13” baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 19-23 minutes until edges slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan (or place in fridge to cool for 30 minutes).
- When completely cooled, heat 2 tablespoons peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds and drizzle on bars. Cut into 12 bars.
Per 1 bar
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 129 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 17 g
Protein: 7 g