Cherry Almond Cake
A light cake sure to satisfy that sweet fix!
- 1 - 15.25 ounce cherry chip super moist cake mix
- 1 – 1 ounce sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 egg whites
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, egg whites, applesauce, almond extract and water on low speed for 30 seconds. Next, mix on medium speed for 1 minute until completely combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in almonds and cherries.
- Pour batter into a sprayed 9” x 13” pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Per 1 piece
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 309 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 28 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2.5 g