Chocolate Covered Mint Avocado Bites
Pairing an unlikely combo to make a decadent yet healthy dessert!
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and mashed
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Smart Balance® margarine, room temperature
- 1 ½ Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 - 3.5 ounce bar of 70% cacao dark chocolate (for GF version, check to make sure no gluten in ingredients, some chocolate may contain gluten)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Beat avocado, margarine, honey and mint extract with hand mixer until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an 8 x 8” pan and spread to ¼ - ½ inch thickness. Cover and place in freezer overnight or until solid (about 3 hours).
- When ready to cover avocado bites, fill a small-medium saucepan about 1-2 inches deep with water and bring to boil. Turn water down to low and place small glass or stainless steel bowl on top (water should not touch bottom of bowl).
- Place pieces of the chocolate bar into bowl and stir until nearly melted. Add oil and stir well.
- Remove avocado filling from freezer and cut into 14 pieces. Using a fork, dip each piece in chocolate, remove immediately and place on parchment paper. Repeat until all pieces are coated then place in freezer for at least1 hour. Serve frozen.
Per Chocolate Covered Bite
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 11 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 1 g