Dark Chocolate Cranberry Crunch
Do you love chocolate, but hate the guilt? Then try this dark chocolate cereal mix
that has a dose of disease fighting antioxidants!
- 5 cups toasted wheat cereal squares (use rice or corn Chex® for gluten free version)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dark chocolate morsels (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup tub margarine
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Place cereal, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl.
- In a small microwavable bowl, heat chocolate, peanut butter and margarine for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted mixture over cereal, cranberries and almonds. Toss very gently until completed coated.
- Spread onto wax paper and let set for 1 hour.
- Add powdered sugar and again toss very gently until completely coated.
Per 1/3 cup serving
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 3g