Summer in Illinois is a great time of the year to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into your recipes. Peaches are in-season from June to September. This recipe features ripe peaches and Halo Top vanilla ice cream to create a sweet dessert lower in calories that you can enjoy guilt free during this Fourth of July season.
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup Halo Top Vanilla Bean ice cream
- Cooking spray
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 Tablespoons quick dry oats
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon zest, grated ginger, and Halo Top ice cream. Put ice cream mixture back in the freezer to hold its shape.
- Spray the grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Place the peach halves cut side down and grill them for about 3 minutes on low heat.
- Flip the peaches and cook for another 3 minutes or until the peaches have softened but still maintain their shape. If using a grill pan, cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove peaches from the grill and top each half with a spoonful of ice cream mixture. Sprinkle oats and chopped pecans on top and garnish with a few mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Per 1 halved peach
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Sodium: 18 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 12 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 2 g