Lemon Raspberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
Put a spring in your step in the morning with this refreshing and light muffin! With a little sweetness and healthy alternatives, this muffin is a perfect way to start your day!
- 1 ½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Splenda® sugar blend
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ¼ cups diced frozen raspberries, unsweetened, finely chopped
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fat free milk
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, extracts, lemon juice and zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in the frozen raspberries.
- Fill muffin tin with muffin cups and spoon in muffin batter two-thirds full. Bake for ~20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Stir ingredients for glaze together in a small bowl and drizzle lightly over muffins while still warm.
Per 1 muffin
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Sodium: 136 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 5 g