Sweet ‘N Salty Chocolate Dates
You’ve never had anything quite like these before!
- 3.5 ounces 70% cacao dark chocolate, broken into pieces (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- 36 pitted dates
- 7 slices turkey bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch water and bring to boil. Turn heat down to medium-low. Create a double boiler by placing a glass bowl on top of saucepan, assuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Place chocolate pieces in glass bowl and stir until completely melted.
- Take bowl of chocolate off of double boiler. Place a stick in the date and dip in melted chocolate, rolling to cover completely.
- Roll in turkey bacon and set on plate or baking sheet.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour prior to serving.
Per 2 dates
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Sodium: 51 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 13 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 1 g