This dish of grilled scallops and orange segments coated in a special barbecue seasoning rub will take your palate to a place you’ve never been before!
Serves: 4 (Serving= 1 skewer)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Skewers (soak in water prior to grilling)
- 20 sea scallops
- 2 oranges, peeled into segments
- 1 onion sliced into chunks
- Cooking spray
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place barbecue rub ingredients in large zip-top bag. Add skewer ingredients (except cooking spray). Toss well to coat and place on skewer, alternating between ingredients.
- Spray grill with cooking spray and place skewers on grill. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side. Scallops with get firm while they cook. If overcooked, scallops will be very chewy.
- Garnish with cilantro.