BLT with Avocado Sweet Potato Sliders
Who says buns are required to hold the contents of a sandwich? These thick-cut roasted sweet potato rounds pack a punch of flavor and Vitamin A!
Serves: 1 (Serving= 1 slider)
- Two 1/4-1/2 inch thick sliced sweet potato rounds
- Cooking spray
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 2 slices Roma tomato
- 2 slices avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Place the turkey bacon on half the slices. Leave the other half of the slices un-topped, but spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip un-topped slices and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Place lettuce, tomato and avocado on top of turkey bacon. Spread mayonnaise on un-topped sweet potato slice and place face down on top of open-faced slider. Using a skewer, secure slider through the middle.