Honey-Ginger Stir-Fry with Shrimp
A meatless dish for the Lenten season that is sweet, crunchy and full of nutritious-ness.
Serves: 4 (Serving= 1 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into medium strips
- 2 ½ cups (8 ounce bag) of sugar snap peas, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 40 medium raw shrimp, de-veined and tail removed
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons San-J® gluten free or La Choy reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Place 2 cups water and 1 cup quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until water is soaked up.
- Turn wok or large skillet onto medium-high heat. Once hot, carefully coat with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Toss in veggies and cook for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- While veggies and shrimp are cooking, whisk together all ingredients for sauce. Add to the stir-fry and stir to combine, cooking an additional 1 minute.