Honey Nut Salmon
Celebrate American Heart month with this salmon dish that has your daily dose of heart healthy fats!
Serves: 3 (Serving= 1 fillet)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tablespoons honey roasted almonds, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs (substitute gluten free bread crumbs for GF version)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 3 – 4 ounce salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In shallow dish, whisk egg white and honey.
- In another shallow dish mix almonds, bread crumbs and salt.
- Dip salmon fillets in egg white mixture then press down into nutty coating, flip and repeat.
- Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.